Interesting Facts about Islam
Interesting Facts about Islam: by Muslimah
1) Sumaiya (RA) mother of Ammar (RA) and wife of Yassir (RA) was the first to meet martyrdom for the cause of Islam. She was killed by Abu Jahl the enemy of Islam.
2) Did you know that Imam Bukhari (RA) compiled his collection of 7,275 Ahadith by selection from 600,000. Before writing each Hadith he would make 2 Rakaat nafl Salaat.
3) The 10 Sahabah who were promised Paradise during their lifetime were, Abu-Bakr Siddiq(RA), Umar bin Khattaab(RA), Uthman bin Affan(RA), Ali bin Abi Talib(RA), Talha Bin Ubaidullah(RA), Saeed Bin Zaid(RA), Abu Ubaidah Bin Jarrah(RA), Zubair bin Awwam(RA), Saad Bin Abi Waqqas(RA), and Abdur Rahman Bin Auf(RA).
4) Ammar (RA) Built the First Musjid at the request of Rasulullah (SAW). It was the Musjid in Quba.
5) Two of the Ummahatul Mu’mineen (Mothers of the Ummah), (Rasulullah (saw)) died before him; they are Khadijah (RA) and Zainab Bint Khuzaimah (RA).
6) Salmaan Farsi (RA) was the one who suggested to Rasulullah (RA) about digging a trench around the city of Medina at the time of the battle of Khandakh (trench).
7) Abdullah Ibn Zubair (RA) was the first baby boy to be born after Hijrah. His Father was Zubair (RA) and his mother was Asma (RA). His aunt (mother’s sister) was none other than Ummul Mu’mineen Ayesha (RA) and his grand father was Abu-Bakr Siddiq (RA).
8) Zaid (RA) is the only Sahabi whose name is mentioned in the Quran (Surah Ahzaab).
9) Rasulullah (SAW) made du’aa to Allah that, He strengthen Islam with Umar bin Al-Khattaab or Umar bin Hisham i.e. Abu Jahl. Allah accepted the du’aa in favour of Umar bin Al-Khattaab (RA).
10) Abu-Bakr (RA) received the title ‘As-Siddiq’ on readily saying that he accepted Rasulullah (SAW)’s Night Journey (Mairaaj) to the Heavens when the Kuffar asked for his opinion.
11) Ali bin Abi Talib (RA) walked all the way from Makkah to Medina, at the time of Hijrah, while hiding from the pursuing Quraish.
12) Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari (RA) was blessed by Allah to be the first host of Rasulullah (SAW) in Medina.
13) Rasulullah (SAW) called Yahya (AS) son of Zakariyyah (AS) ‘Shaheed bin Shaheed’ meaning ‘Martyr son of Martyr’.
14) Uthman bin Affan (RA) did not fight in the battle of Badr as he stayed home to take care of his sick wife Ruqayyah (RA), daughter of Rasulullah (SAW). She died shortly before Medina received the news of Victory for the Muslims in the battlefield.
15) All of Rasulullah (SAW)’s children died before him except for his daughter, Fatimah (RA).
16) Amr bin Thabit (RA) became a Muslim during the battle of Uhud, and died as a martyr in the same battle. When asked about him, Rasulullah (SAW) said that he was from the People of Paradise, even though he had not prayed a single salaah.
17) Zaid bin Harith (RA) accompanied Rasulullah (SAW) when he went to Ta’if.
18) The cause of Abu Lahab’s death was the wife of his brother Abbas (RA), Umul-Fadl (RA). On hearing about the defeat of non-Muslims at Badr, he started abusing a Muslim servant, so she took a log and hit him, which caused his skull to crack. He died a few days later because of it.
19) Ameer ul Mu’mineen Uthman (RA). Had given the duty of collecting and compiling the first holy Quran to Zaid Ibn Thabit (RA), who fulfilled it by the help of other companions and off course the help of Allah. Zaid (RA). Once said that “By Allah, if they had asked me to move a whole mountain from its place, it would have been easier than the task of compiling the Quran which they ordered me to fulfill”.
20) Abdullah Ibn Mas’ood (RA) was the first Muslim to read the Quran publicly near the Kaaba in Makkah, after the Prophet (SAW).
21) Bilaal (RA) was the first Muezzin chosen by Rasulullah (SAW).
22) Rasulullah (SAW) had four daughters Zainab, Ruqayyah, Umm Kulthoom and Fatima (RA) and three sons Qasim, Tayyab Or Tahir, And Ebrahim (RA), but all the sons died in their infancy.
23) Did you know that the original name of the holy city of Medina was “YATHRIB”
24) Rasulullah (SAW) father’s name was Abdullah and his mother’s name was Aamina.
25) Khadijah (RA) was the first person and the first woman to take shahada and accept Muhammed (SAW) as the Prophet and Messenger of Allah, followed by Zaid Bin Haritha (RA), Ali Ibn Abi Talib (RA) and Abu-Bakr Siddiq (RA).
26) The first Hafiz of Quran was Uthman bin Affan (RA), after Rasulullah (SAW).
27) Ali (RA) Said that he heard The Prophet (SAW) say “Talha (RA) and Zubair (RA) are my neighbors in Paradise”
28) Did you know that Rasulullah (SAW) performed only one Hajj in his lifetime?
29) Usamah Bin Zaid (RA) was the son of Zaid Bin Harith (RA) and his wife Baraka (RA) (known also by the name of Umm Ayman (RA).
30) If all Quraan in the world today were destroyed, the original Arabic would still remain, because millions of Muslims, called Huffaz have memorized the text of the Quraan letter for letter from beginning to end, every word and syllable. Also, chapters from the Qur’an are precisely recited from memory by every Muslim in each of the five daily prayers.
31) The Islamic calendars is based on the phases of the moon, with it being approximately 11 days shorter than the 365 days of the year in the Georgian calendar. Hence, the dates of our festivals (Eid -ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha) move through the year.
32) Adam (AS) was approximately 30 Ziraa tall. Ziraa is a measurement and one Ziraa is approximately half a meter.
33) The Majority of Muslims do not live in the middle East. The most populous Muslim country is Indonesia, the 4th largest country in the world with approximately 184 million Muslims.
34) The splitting of the Moon was one of the greatest miracle of Rasulullah(SAW). When Rasulullah (SAW) was 52 years old, the leaders of the disbelievers of the Quraish tribe came to him and said, “If you are a Prophet, then split the moon into two parts.” Rasulullah (SAW) dearly wanted the people to convert to Islam, especially his close friends and relatives. He prayed, rising up his hands, and the moon split into two equal halves. Each part of the moon was seen above different mountains. The disbelievers said, “Muhammed (SAW) has performed magic.” They did not accept Islam.
35) The Ummah of Rasulullah (SAW) are more than that of all the Ummah’s of the other Amibiya put together.
36) It is obligatory on every Muslim to love Rasulullah (SAW) Sign of love for him is to adapt his way of life and always remember him.
37) According to the Qur’an, the Kaaba was first built by the Ibrahim (SA) and his son Ismail (AS)
38) Muslims do not worship the Kaaba; the Kaaba is simply a focal point for prayer ordered by Allah.
39) Prominent Kuffar like Abu Jahl would secretly listen to the verses of the Holy Quran because they were fascinated by it.